G2 is one of the world’s leading entertainment and esports brands. G2 was co-founded in 2015 by legendary League of Legends player-turned-team owner, Carlos ‘ocelote’ Rodriguez, and veteran esports entrepreneur and investor, Jens Hilgers. In the past five years, G2 has built a global fanbase of over 35 million fans spanning EMEA, North American, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
We are hiring a Head of Creators & Entertainment to join G2 and lead our Creators strategy and diversification in Entertainment.The goal of this person is to define and lead our Creators strategy and department, to engage and grow our active roster, helping them develop their voice and build their audience while always looking out for the acquisition of new or existing talents and developing new Entertainment initiatives. This person should be passionate about working directly with our members, have an innovative mindset and be willing to jump in to solve both the small and the big issues. We’re looking for a person who’s energized by building conversation and connecting with the community, and who has a desire to work in a fast-moving space where experimentation is key and has experience with monetization strategy.
This is a full time position who will directly report to G2’s General Manager. The role will be located in North America, preferably in New York. The ideal start date is as early as possible.
Interest and passion for the gaming and entertainment industry is a must!
- Develop and lead our Creators and Entertainment strategy
- Develop and execute creator marketing strategies and creative campaigns utilizing our roster of creators, in close collaboration with our content, marketing and partnerships departments
- Develop a monetization strategy in collaboration with the Commercial team
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop Entertainment initiatives in collaboration with our Marketing and Commercial teams
- Build relationships, track and manage collaborations with Creators while looking out for emerging or already famous new talents to join G2
- Work hand in hand with our Creator Specialist and Junior Marketing Coordinator
- Manage contracts negotiations and remunerations, as well as renewals with our creators
- Monitor relevant industry experts, competitors, target audience and users
- Manage relationships with external agencies
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in marketing/ creator management/ creative/
- Proven track record of successful project and budget management
- Highly social and networking aptitude
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Highly structured and can work well both autonomously and in a team environment
Good to have
- Follows Gaming in general
- Knowledge of analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience in the entertainment production or format development
- Consumes gaming content, (eg. Twitch.tv, Youtube)